Emergency downtime notice
Ben Cooksley
2018-10-10 07:51:07 UTC
Hi all,

We've just received notice that both disks in the server hosting
Phabricator, along with our Git and Subversion repositories have
failed their SMART self-assessment tests.

I have now requested replacement of one of those disks, and once the
array has been rebuilt will request the second be replaced.

To preserve our data in the meantime I have shutdown the container
hosting Phabricator/Git/Subversion, so they will be unavailable for
the next few hours.

My apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Ben Cooksley
KDE Sysadmin
Ben Cooksley
2018-10-10 08:35:29 UTC
Post by Ben Cooksley
Hi all,
We've just received notice that both disks in the server hosting
Phabricator, along with our Git and Subversion repositories have
failed their SMART self-assessment tests.
I have now requested replacement of one of those disks, and once the
array has been rebuilt will request the second be replaced.
To preserve our data in the meantime I have shutdown the container
hosting Phabricator/Git/Subversion, so they will be unavailable for
the next few hours.
As an update, one disk has now been exchanged and the array has been
synced to the new disk.
I have now asked for replacement of the second disk and will advise
once it has been replaced.
Post by Ben Cooksley
My apologies for the inconvenience.
Regards,
Ben Cooksley
KDE Sysadmin
Thanks,
Ben
Ben Cooksley
2018-10-10 09:30:29 UTC
Post by Ben Cooksley
Post by Ben Cooksley
Hi all,
We've just received notice that both disks in the server hosting
Phabricator, along with our Git and Subversion repositories have
failed their SMART self-assessment tests.
I have now requested replacement of one of those disks, and once the
array has been rebuilt will request the second be replaced.
To preserve our data in the meantime I have shutdown the container
hosting Phabricator/Git/Subversion, so they will be unavailable for
the next few hours.
As an update, one disk has now been exchanged and the array has been
synced to the new disk.
I have now asked for replacement of the second disk and will advise
once it has been replaced.
The second disk has now been replaced and the array is fully synced again.

Normal service has now resumed for both Phabricator as well as SCM
Hosting (Git and SVN)
Post by Ben Cooksley
Post by Ben Cooksley
My apologies for the inconvenience.